Show Direct Ltd Privacy Statement – collection and use of personal and non-personal information
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU), we inform you that by buying tickets and hospitality, entering horses and entering online competitions you consent to the collection, manipulation, disclosure, transfer, storage and other uses of your information as described in this policy. Irrespective of which country you reside in or supply information from.
Your privacy is very important to Show Direct Ltd. Below we describe how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store the information you provide to us.
Please note that this policy is subject to regular updates.
Information we collect
We will process data collected for the purpose of facilitating your registration on the basis of legitimate interests to deliver the service for which you have registered, included in this it will also allow us to send you eTickets and paper tickets as well as keeping you informed of offers, important updates and changes to timetables.
We collect the following personal and non-personal information to deliver, measure and improve our business:
1. Personal information:
- When you make an entry or purchase a ticket, we ask you for some personal information.
- When you subscribe to our newsletters, we ask you for your email address. In some special cases, we may ask you for additional information.
2. Non-personal information:
- We log information about your use of bluechipchamps.co.uk and trailblazerschampionships.com web sites, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed and the website you visited before navigating to our website.
- We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access bluechipchamps.co.uk and trailblazerschampionships.com, including the hardware model, MAC address, IMEI, operating system and version, phone number and mobile network information.
- Show Direct Ltd does not buy in data from any third parties.
Sources of our data
Show Direct Ltd collects data from the following sources:
- Ticket and Bookings. We use this data to process payments as well as sending E-tickets and paper tickets. This information is kept on a secure server.
- Entries. We require this data to process payments as well as sending passes and receipts. All credit card details are destroyed unless we are authorised by the payee to store them securely for further use. This information is kept on a secure server. Paper entry forms are securely stored in a locked office.
- Online Competitions / prize draw. We require your details to process the competition / prize draw, this will be used to contact the winners and to supply the prizes. This information is kept on a secure server.
- E-Newsletter registration. By signing up to the Trailblazers e-newsletter you will receive regular news and updates from Trailblazers. The newsletter will include selected sponsor advertising with links to their respective websites. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each newsletter.
- Accounts. We require contact details to pay and raise invoices. Data is either stored on a secure server or PC. Any paperwork generated or collected is stored in a secure, locked office. All financial paperwork is stored for 7 years where after it securely destroyed.
Modifying your personal information
Show Direct Ltd enables you to contact us to modify the personal information you provide to us or you can also permanently delete personal information.
Protection of your personal information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, theft, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide to us.
We restrict access to personal information to only those employees who need to know that information in order to deploy and maintain Show Direct Ltd. These individuals are bound by confidentiality agreements and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Certain contracted and authorised contractors do have access to our networks for the purpose of maintenance. All access is monitored and logged.
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information. These will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
All personal information is stored securely. All networks, computers and servers are password and firewall protected. Paperwork is only stored in secure offices. Credit card information is not kept unless specific authority is given.
Please note that some parts of Show Direct Ltd.’s online presence allow you to post personal information that may be publicly accessible, viewable and collectable by anyone. So please take care when using these features.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will collect indirectly identifiable personal data about your visit to our website, and the pages you browse, in order to enable sponsors that support Show Direct to engage you with advertising that is tailored to the interests you have shown on our site.
These cookies allow us to display promotional material to you on other sites you visit across the Internet. We may also employ cookies so that we remember your computer when it is used to return to bluechipchamps.co.uk and / or trailblazerschampionships.com to help customize your experience. We may associate personal information with a cookie file in those instances.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. Please check the browser’s cookie settings support pages to confirm the most up-to-date instructions.
If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is responsible for monitoring and enforcing the EU cookie regulations. For further information on cookies generally, visit the ICO webpage on cookies or the About Cookies website.
Our policy towards children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of sixteen. We do, however, allow users under the age of sixteen to use certain features or areas of Show Direct Ltd that do not involve the collection of personal information, aside from certain computer or mobile device information that may be collected as necessary to the operation of the website.
If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take the steps needed to eliminate such information and terminate the child's account.
We shall not be liable in respect of the content or use of any materials displayed or downloaded from our websites.
We shall not be liable if for any reason our websites are unavailable at any time or for any period.
To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with our websites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our websites, any websites linked to it and any materials and / or content posted on it whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise is excluded.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our websites by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our websites, the server on which our websites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our websites. You must not attack our websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you. However, if you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us and we will be happy to help you.