Trailblazers Championships Cancelled
UPDATE 28-05-20 With the current and unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic around the world, it is with great regret that we have reached the extremely difficult decision to cancel the Trailblazers Championship Finals in 2020.
At present, it is not known when Government restrictions will be eased to allow mass gatherings to recommence, or whether there may be further restrictions with a second spike of COVID-19 causing a further lockdown. With over 2,000 people attending the Trailblazers Championships daily, the health of our competitors, officials, volunteers, sponsors and trade exhibitors must be our paramount consideration. Many that attend the Championships are in a high-risk category and we should not put any additional burden on our amazing emergency services at this difficult time.
The Championships were due to take place from 24 July – 1 August and would have faced heavy restrictions to manage social distancing, a limit on the number of participants per day, restricted access to the warm-up, no prize giving’s, no social or evening activities, nor at present any stabling or overnight horseboxes onsite.
We are delighted that our sponsors, SEIB Insurance Brokers, Dodson & Horrell, Cavaletti Collection, FMB’s Therapy Systems, A.W Jenkinson Forest Products and EqWax, will be supporting the Trailblazers Championships in 2021. Without their amazing backing we could not run these Championships and please may we take this opportunity to thank them for all their support during these difficult times.
Qualification for the 2020 Championships will, wherever possible, carry over to the Trailblazers Championships in 2021. Further details and conditions may be found on the Competitions and Rules page of the website. Any qualification cards dated for 2020 will now apply for 2021.
Qualifiers for the Trailblazers Championship Finals in 2021 may recommence from 1 July but remain subject to review and change to conform to the latest Government advice. Please contact individual venues who will make their own decision on whether they feel it is safe to commence competition and if they can operate within the Government’s requirement to be Covid-Secure.
Dates for the Trailblazers Championships 2021 will be released in the Autumn.
The team at Trailblazers would like to thank you for your understanding and support, stay safe and we wish you and your family the best of health during the ongoing crisis and look forward to seeing you at the Trailblazers Championships in 2021.